Sunday, February 9, 2014

Different Rooms and Different Worlds

You know that this is Sunday, so we spent a great deal of the day with other Christians worshipping God and thanking him for the salvation we have which is in Jesus Christ and Him alone.  This means that I "grope" for things that will be interesting to a great swath of the audience of this blog (though salvation should be of the utmost interest to you all).

Anyway, we got home tonight and after I beat Irene in 2 games of scrabble - the first a heavy-duty thumping (75-99 points) and the second an even more commanding skunk and a thump (150-174 points) - I turned on the TV to watch the Beatles Tribute on CBS.  50 years ago tonight the Beatles appeared on Ed Sullivan for the first time.  I was jazzed about getting to watch it.  ONE LITTLE PROBLEM.  I turned on the TV and the winter olympics were on.  Not just the winter olympics the FIGURE SKATING competition of the winter olympics.  Irene saw it (before I could artfully and quickly change the channel).

"We can watch that, can't we?"  You can record other stuff and watch it later, can't you?"  YES, DEAR!

Irene isn't the TV-a-holic that I am.  I was raised on TV from early on.  When I was a kid I had a heart murmur and wasn't allowed to run around outside and have fun with kids.  So, I watched TV.

So, now I'm in the bedroom of the Trekker watching the Beatles and Irene is in the living room of the Trekker watching the Winter Olympics.  Life is soooo Good.  Two DVRs at 3-LNB Winegard Trav'ler DirecTV satellite dish and 3 42" HD-TVs in one Monster Beautiful Roll-Down-the-Highway Home built specifically for us by Tiffin Motorhomes of Red Bay, Alabama. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment