Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Just Kickin' Back

The Life of Riley


Ahhh, now THIS is retirement.  We awoke at 8:55 this morning and grabbed a game of scrabble as we ate our cereal.  I had cinnamon Chex.  Irene had Chocolate Fiber One (gotta stay "regular" you know).  Then it was off for a morning "Constitutional" (I mean reaaaalllllly regular).  We walked around the "Town Park" looking for FSBO lots (For Sale By Owner) and put in 1 1/4 miles before lunch.  IT WORKED ('nuff said?)!

After lunch I went for another walk to look at "the Preserve" which is the Class A motorhome area here and around the "Village Park" which is the area in which we are renting in right now.  Altogether I put in additional 3.25 miles.  It felt good to be walking again.  I haven't been walking much recently because IT'S TOO COLD!  That's one of the reasons we decided on Florida.  Here in Ocala the average High temps during the days is 70º in January and that's the coldest month of the year.

When I walk I've got bluetooth stereo earbuds I wear and listen to my tunes.  I also sing along as I go (kind of a 'whistle while you work' thing) which is amusing to all the neighbors.   I just smile and wave and move on before they press charges for noise pollution.  (Typically their dogs like it though: I can hear them "howling in three part harmony" sometimes).

It's Wednesday night which means - Midweek Bible Study typically.  I looked online because we decided to go to one of the other churches of Christ in town.  I could SWEAR it said that their Bible study began a 6:00 PM - NOPE!! 7:00 PM.  So we made the run to Walmart we were going to make AFTER Bible Study, BEFORE Bible Study.  The congregation we attended ended up being a "Black Congregation" (or at least we were the only two Caucasians in attendance).  It was really nice and friendly.  We will DEFINITELY be going there again on Sunday.  It had about 20 people other than us.  Their theme for 2014 is "Back to the Bible."  That's OUR kinda church!

After we got home this evening we watched the latest episode of "Bones" which I recorded.  To be honest, the show is getting old.  I record about a dozen or so different series during the year:

Criminal Minds
NCIS
NCIS:Los Angeles
Person of Interest
Elementary
Mentalist
Big Bang Theory
Intelligence
The Following
Bones
Rizzolli and Isles
Perception
Agents of Shield

Irene calls me a "TV-aholic."  Its not true.  I could stop anytime I want to.

Wednesday night is "Criminal Minds" night.  It's a great show.

Closed out the night by thumping someone in Scrabble 2 times and writing this post.

Have a great night and may God bless you all.  Thanks for the kind remarks from many of you about the blog.  I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Irene wanted me to add that mentioning "Duck Dynasty" in my last post reminded her of the guy that she saw in line at the Tags and Taxes office that was a dead ringer for Sy Robertson - Gray hair in a ponytail, gray beard, glasses  and wearing Camo.  The only thing that he was missing was the 1 gallon ice tea container that Sy always has in hand and she doesn't know that he didn't have it too.


2 comments:

  1. TMI Dad!!!! Nobody needs to hear about how "regular" you are!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a TV-aholic, but Wednesday is not Wednesday - it shall forever be known as "Criminal Minds" night (or at least until it's cancelled)... Put down the remote, dad! LOL

    ReplyDelete